Typical Assigments & Clients / Training
- Hmong Farmers. Farm Management Training Program. Agland executive acted as Project Director and co-author of an agricultural development program for the Hmong farmers in Fresno, California. Trained Hmong farmers to improve their production and marketing practices. Retained by the Hmong community to help implement the project. Client: Wells Fargo Bank/Hmong American Community, Inc.
- Russian Agribusiness Management Evaluation Training. Trained Russian staff of Market Oriented Farm Support Activity (MOFSA) Project to conduct evaluation of agribusiness projects. Client: U.S. Agency for International Development
- Russian Farm Managers Training Tour in the Midwest and California crops and dairy operations for Nizhny Novgorod Oblast managers of to be privatized state farms. Client: International Finance Corporation
- Meat Industry Marketing Training in Hungary. Marketing training of managers in five major meat processors undergoing privatization as part of market evaluation study. Client: German Investment Bank
- Marketing Training for Meat Industry Managers in the Ukraine as part of the Assistance to the Meat Processing Industry Project in the Kharkiv Oblast. Client: U.S. Agency for International Development
- Marketing Training for Cooperative Managers in Romania, in the Timisoara and Arad areas. Client: Hungarian Agency for Assistance to Hungarians Living in Romania.
- Marketing Training for Agribusiness Managers, in Western and Central Poland. Clients: Polish Producer Associations and Universities of Poznan and Warsaw.
- Marketing Training for Meat and Dairy Industry Managers in the Czech and Slovak Republics. Client: European Bank of Reconstruction and Development
- Food Processing and Packaging Training in Hungary, technical training course for food processing firm managers. Client: Western European equipment investor group
- Technical Development Training Program consisting of a team of seven agricultural specialists providing technical expertise to the International Finance Corporation to assist in the privatization of six state and collective farms in the area of Nizhny, Novgorod. Client: International Finance Corporation
- Russian Farmers' Farm Management Training Study Tour. Two weeks of site visits to farming operations in the Midwest and California, including demonstrations of field crops and dairy operations in a range of settings and farm sizes. Attended by farmers from the Nizhny Novgorod area working on state farms currently being privatized. Client: International Finance Corporation
- Romanian Agribusiness Executives Training Tour of California, visiting dairy, fruit and vegetable processing facilities, cheese processing and vineyards in the wine sector.
- Taiwan Business to Business Internet Opportunities. A study tour and training program for the Taiwan computer industry. Client: U.S. Trade Development Agency
- Study Tour of Romanian Agribusiness Managers to the U.S. Multi-food industry training tour of Romanian managers and experts in California. Client: U.S. Agency for International Development
- Management and Marketing Training in Russia for personnel of newly privatized farms, agribusinesses and food processing companies, as well as train-the trainers program, as part of the Market-Oriented Farm Support Activity (MOFSA) Project, in the Saratov and Samara Oblasts. Client: U.S. Agency for International Development
- Morocco Agribusiness Training Study Tour. Two weeks of site visits and presentations by California farmers and visits to California agribusinesses. Attended by a group of Moroccan business people interested in potential joint ventures with U.S. firms. Client: U.S. Agency for International Development
- World Bank Agribusiness Training Program. Two weeks of lectures by California agricultural leaders and visits to California agribusinesses. Attended by a group of 14 World Bank staff members. Client: World Bank
- Pakistan Training Program. Intensive training in selected areas of agribusiness such as poultry production and small-scale horticultural techniques. Individualized programs for up to eight weeks.
- Farm Management Evaluation Training. Training of Russian farm mangers in the Saratov Oblast on farm management and efficiency evaluation methods. Client: U.S. Agency for International Development
- Yugoslavian Agro-Processing Training Program. Intensive five-week California training tour for managers of former Yugoslavia food processing companies. Client: World Bank and Yugoslavian Stopanska Banka
- Irrigation Training and Orientation, tour for Argentine provincial irrigation district managers to study irrigation and water use in California. Client: U.S. Trade Development Agency
- Charoen Pokphand Group of Companies of Thailand Training Program. Two weeks of classroom work and field visits in California to study rice production and processing, agribusiness management, and financial analysis. Client: World Bank
- Jammu Kashmir Horticulture Produce, Marketing, and Processing Corporation Training Program. Four-week training program held in California in the areas of walnut hulling, drying, and processing. Attended by two employees of the corporation as part of a World Bank project in Kashmir, India.