About Agland Investment Services / Food Processing and Agro-Industry
- Technical Assistance to Meat and Meat by-Products Processors in So. Africa. Client: So. African Meat Industry Assoc. and American investor.
- Food Processing Industries Survey in Ten Asian Countries, including Japan, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. Client: Asian Productivity Organization
- Texas Fresh-Cut Food Processing Appraisal. Evaluation of fresh-cut processing opportunities to define a fresh-cut vegetable processing venture. Wrote pre-feasibility study including production, packaging, and marketing concerns, as basis for a business plan to secure financing for the venture. Client: NHSDC
- Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, Potato Processing Study. Evaluation study of a potato processing facility in the Nizhny Novgorod area. Client: U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- Dairy Farming and Processing Survey in Russia on So. Sakhalin Island, Russian Far East. Client: Private investor
- Nation-wide Feasibility Study of the Plywood Industry, with emphasis on Washington, Oregon, and California. Project focused on the usage of plywood in the agribusiness industry, specifically the use of plywood harvest bins for such crops as apples, pears, raisins, citrus, and almonds. Client: APA-The Engineered Wood Association
- Taiwan Acquaculture Technical Assistance, Assistance to fish farm operators to utilize specialty clays in fish ponds for detritus absorption. Client: Private Taiwan operator
- Colombia and Paraguay Yeast Project. Evaluation of market potential for the Paraleva project, a $7.5 million bakers fresh yeast factory in Colombia seeking to expand into Paraguay. Client: Inter-American Investment Bank
- Yugoslavian Food Processing Industry Sub-Sector Survey in former Yugoslavia of the milk, meat, fruit and wine sub-sectors. Client: U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Argentina Agro-Processing Sub-Sector Study as part of a larger Agricultural Sector Study, Buenos Aires. Client: World Bank
- Meat and Milk Processing Industry Study in the former Yugoslavia in conjunction with Ministry of Agriculture and participating agricultural universities. Client: U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Egypt Fruit Processing Complex Valuation Study of the Oweinat Complex in Egypt. Client: U.S. Trade Development Agency
- Jamaica Tropical Fruit Processing Project Appraisal. Technical assistance in tropical fruit production, processing, and marketing as part of the Inter-American Development Bank's team conducting a technical and economic appraisal of a proposed mango and papaya project in Jamaica designed to produce fruit for the export market. Client: Inter-American Development Bank
- Ecuador Tropical Fruit Plantation Appraisal Mission. Participation on the project appraisal team assessing the viability of a tropical fruit production and processing plantation near Guayaquil, Ecuador. Client: Inter-American Investment Corporation
- Agricultural Laboratory Feasibility Study, Costa Rica. Market demand analysis and feasibility study to build a state-of-the-art agricultural laboratory that would provide private sector producers and processors with quick and reliable agricultural tests. Client: CINDE, Costa Rica
- Business Plan for Tierra Fria, Guatemala Business and marketing plans designed to assist this large fresh vegetable export company integrate frozen vegetable production into their product mix. Client: Inter-American Investment Corporation
- Design and Planning of Poultry Production Facility in Saudi Arabia. Technical assistance for the design and construction of major broiler farm and processing plant in the Jiddah area in partnership with principal contractors. Client: Swiss-Saudi consortium
- Argentina Agricultural Sector Study with emphasis on the agro-processing sub-sector, Buenos Aires. Client: World Bank
- Feasibility Study for Packing Plant and Controlled Atmosphere Storage Facility for Apples, California. Client: DiMare Company
- Technical and Market Evaluation of agricultural potential for an organic super-absorbent polymer that absorbs 2,000 times its weight in water. Private client.
- Management and Financial Consulting for a large agricultural chemical distributor in California. Private client.
- Evaluation of Agro-Industrial Projects in Pakistan for the Agricultural Development Bank of Pakistan, Islamabad, with emphasis on dairy products and fruit juice processing. Client: Asian Development Bank
- Private Agribusiness Investment Opportunity Survey in Kenya. Client: American Society of Agricultural Consultants
- Processing Plant Design and Installation in India of a $30 million fresh apple, juice, and walnut processing project in Kashmir. Client: World Bank
- Horticultural Sub Sector Survey, Afghanistan. Client: World Bank
- Asian Food Processing Industries Survey. Analysis of the food processing capacity of ten Asian countries including Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, and Japan. Client: Asian Productivity Organization
- Yugoslavia Agro-Industry Sub?Sector Survey. Evaluation of ten specific fruit, meat, milk, and wine investments in Yugoslavia. Client: World Bank
- Evaluation and Preparation of Action Plan in Haiti for improved operation of flour mills. Client: U.S. Agency for International Development
- Jordan Agro-Industry Sub-sector Survey. Client: International Finance Corporation
- Thailand Agribusiness Sub-Sector Survey. Private client.
- Haiti Agribusiness Opportunities Survey. Client: U.S. Agency for International Development
- Pre-Feasibility Study, Tea Production and Processing, Hawaii. Client: AMFAC Corporation